- EU citizens to maintain voting rights in UK, government says
EU citizens living in the UK before 31 December 2020 will maintain the right to vote and stand as candidates in local elections, the UK government said.
20th June 2021
- Brits overseas to be given ‘vote for life’ while voting in UK may become more difficult
Britons overseas will be given the right to vote in UK general elections regardless of the amount of time they have spent abroad.
30th May 2021
- UK court rules exemption of migrants from data protection unlawful
The UK data protection law will have to be ‘fixed’ so that foreigners can access their personal records held by the Home Office and others.
27th May 2021
- Finnish scientist vows to take UK government to court over voting rights
A Finnish scientist is crowdfunding to bring the UK government to court over the lack of voting rights in general elections.
9th May 2021
- Thousands of EU children in UK risk becoming illegal immigrants on July 1, even if born in the country
EU children may lose the right to live, study and work in the UK if they do not apply for their post-Brexit residence status by 30 June 2021.
2nd May 2021
- EU lawmakers concerned about EU citizens’ data transfer to UK
MEPs have expressed concerns at the way the UK government handles personal data of EU citizens as the EU Commission prepares to declare that British law guarantees “adequate” protection of personal information.
25th April 2021
- Spain and France sign dual nationality agreement
An agreement signed this week will allow Spanish and French citizens to keep their nationality of origin when they acquire the other.
18th March 2021
- EU citizens in UK urged to register to vote in May local elections
Two campaigns have been launched to urge EU citizens in the UK to register and vote in May local elections.
7th March 2021
- Interactive map: how to secure residence rights under the EU-UK withdrawal agreement (in 32 countries)
All the details on the new residence schemes for EU citizens living in the UK and Britons living in the EU before December 31 2020.
21st February 2021
- What the independent authority on EU citizens’ rights can do for you: interview with CEO Kate Chamberlain
Dr Kathryn Chamberlain, interim CEO, gives an overview on the work of the Independent Monitoring Authority on citizens' rights.
11th January 2021
- EU-UK post-Brexit agreement: what it means for you
The UK and the EU have reached a deal setting the terms of their new relationship, after the country decided to leave the bloc.
25th December 2020
- EU citizens and residents to be exempted from UK travel ban
The EU Commission asks to exempt EU citizens, residents and people travelling for essential reasons from the travel ban imposed on the UK.
24th December 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter