- A union of states or people? New court case about nature of EU citizenship
If successful, the case would establish that there is a relationship between the European Union and EU citizens beyond the belonging to an EU member state.
13th April 2020
- Air passenger rights: a battle between refunds and vouchers
Airlines are pressuring to soften EU consumer protections and often offer vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled flights.
11th April 2020
- How to make home schooling with bilingual children more effective
Home schooling is not easy at the best of times, let alone in the midst of a pandemic. And when multiple languages are involved, the task gets even harder.
10th April 2020
- Coronavirus brings borders back in Europe
EU governments have responded to the crisis in different ways. Most countries have imposed lockdown measures, many have reintroduced border checks.
2nd April 2020
- Covid-19: UK groups, law firms concerned about lack of support to EU citizens most in need
Over 30 groups have written to the Home Office to raise concerns about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the operation of the EU settlement scheme.
29th March 2020
- Settled status application: where to find online help during coronavirus lockdown
Here is where to find information and free online help to prepare the settled status application while the UK is in coronavirus lockdown.
29th March 2020
- Confusion about uniform residence card for Britons in EU
Citizens’ rights group British in Europe has written to the EU Commission about the new residence card planned for UK nationals in the EU.
14th March 2020
- New UK immigration system: everything changes for EU nationals
The British government plans to introduce a new immigration system from January 1st 2021, when free movement with the European Union is bound to end.
29th February 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter