- British in Europe closing down after 5 years: interview with co-chair Jane Golding
As the British in Europe coalition closes its activities, co-chair Jane Golding reflects about the past 5 years, Brexit and EU citizenship.
20th February 2022
- EU-UK committee hears several thousands still to secure post-Brexit residence rights
The specialised committee on citizens’ rights set up under the withdrawal agreement takes stock of the situation in EU countries and the UK.
27th January 2022
- EU top court clarifies rule of absences for long-term residence
The EU top court has clarified how long non-EU citizens have to be present in the EU to maintain long-term resident status, a rule that extends to the Brexit agreement.
23rd January 2022
- UK and EU mobile companies reintroducing roaming charges as the EU extends scheme
Some mobile phone operators are bringing back roaming charges for people travelling between the UK and the EU.
9th January 2022
- After a year resolving disputes, EU citizens watchdog takes Home Office to court
The Independent Monitoring Authority believes the procedure to convert from pre-settled to settled status breaches the Brexit agreement.
21st December 2021
- New German government to change nationality law and allow multiple citizenship
The new German government will change the citizenship law and allow multiple nationalities, an option currently available only to some.
12th December 2021
- EU laws you need to watch on residence and voting rights
The European Commission is about to propose the revision of laws concerning the rights of EU and non-EU citizens who move within the Union.
6th November 2021
- Next deadlines for British citizens in the EU under the withdrawal agreement
In many EU countries Britons who were resident before 31 December 2020 have still time to apply for their post-Brexit residence status. A recap of the deadlines.
14th October 2021
Subscribe to the newsletter