- Brexit negotiations on citizens’ rights are over (for now): here is the deal
The part of the Brexit agreement related to citizens' rights has been agreed and sources in Brussels confirmed this is final. What does it say?
24th March 2018
- Gina Miller urges EU nationals to vote in UK local elections
British businesswoman and political activist Gina Miller called on European citizens living in the UK to cast their vote in May’s local elections.
23rd March 2018
- Paris, Amsterdam on the hunt for European voters
Paris is taking action to involve European residents in its civic life and encourage them to join the electoral register.
18th March 2018
- EU to establish new agency on labour mobility
The European Commission has proposed the creation of a European Labour Authority to deal with workers' rights and freedom of movement in Europe.
14th March 2018
- House of Commons voted to keep EU citizenship for Brits
The House of Commons passed a motion that says British nationals should be able to maintain EU citizenship even after the country leaves the European Union.
11th March 2018
- Parcel delivery in EU about to get cheaper
Shopping online? The European parliament votes this week a regulation to reduce prices and give a boost to e-commerce in Europe.
10th March 2018
- Why life is no tick box you can fit in immigration categories
The story of a Romanian PhD student in UK shows why the binary ‘low skilled’ (undesirable) - ‘high skilled’ (desirable) migrant narrative limits our understanding of the reality and the lack of migrant voices in debates about them depersonalises the discussion.
10th March 2018
- Draft withdrawal treaty, transition, May speech: how the UK is conceding on citizens’ rights
The draft withdrawal agreement, new guidelines for the Brexit transition period from the UK Home Office and Theresa May speech this week signal new openings on the rights of EU nationals in the UK.
4th March 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter