- How settled status can become a trap for non-EU family members of dual EU-British citizens
For non-EU family members of EU nationals who become dual UK-EU citizens without meeting permanent residence requirements, the consequences could be serious.
12th February 2020
- EU Commission vows to look after Brits in EU as member states plan new residence schemes
On Brexit day, EU member states started to provide information on the schemes they will introduce for British residents.
2nd February 2020
- Who is entitled to a UK's European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) after Brexit?
The UK has left the EU, but will continue to issue European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) under the provisions of the withdrawal agreement.
2nd February 2020
- The United Kingdom has left the European Union
A couple of photos shared on social media announced the signature of the agreement on the UK withdrawal from the European Union.
1st February 2020
- Withdrawal agreement bill: Lords defeat government over EU citizens' rights
The House of Lords passed an amendment requiring the government to give EU nationals in the UK the automatic right to stay after Brexit.
21st January 2020
- UK and EU parliaments resume discussion on citizens’ rights post-Brexit
As the House of Commons passed the withdrawal agreement bill, citizens' rights took centre-stage again.
12th January 2020
- How European pension coordination works and what changes for the UK
Adrian Berry, barrister at Garden Court Chambers in London, explains how the coordination of state pensions worek for people who move around EU countries.
10th January 2020
- Not just Brexit: the 2020 European calendar
What sort of relationship will the UK establish with the rest of Europe? And how will EU countries cement their own? The 2020 calendar gives some hints.
3rd January 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter