- EU citizens not engaging enough in UK local politics, campaigners warn
Despite having kept the right to vote in local elections post-Brexit, many EU citizens are not participating in UK politics. A common problem in the EU.
4th October 2020
- Alarm as UK government flouts Brexit commitments: who will protect citizens’ rights?
What are the safeguards against breaches of the withdrawal agreement on citizens' rights?
13th September 2020
- Still unsettled: five things that need fixing in UK’s EU settlement scheme
The EU Settlement Scheme was meant to give a sense of security to EU citizens in the UK. But many still feel unsettled.
10th September 2020
- Campaigners launch one million signatures initiative for voting rights of EU citizens in other EU countries
The European Citizens’ Initiative Voters Without Borders calls for full voting rights for EU citizens living in other EU countries.
6th September 2020
- UK and EU urge holidaymakers to prepare for “inevitable changes” from 2021
Holidaymaking between the UK and EU countries will require more preparation from next year.
10th August 2020
- Brits in Germany seize last chance for dual citizenship
The number of Brits applying for German citizenship has increased by a staggering 2,300% between 2015 and 2019.
7th August 2020
- Visa, income requirements, healthcare fees: new rules for EU citizens moving to the UK from 2021
EU citizens who move to the UK from 2021 will have to apply for a visa, pay healthcare fees and pass criminality checks, under the new immigration system.
3rd August 2020
- Majority in EU support full voting rights for other EU citizens
More than six in ten participants in a recent EU survey agree that EU nationals living in another EU member state should vote in national elections.
14th July 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter