- EU parliament petitioned on 'unfinished' citizens’ rights deal
A petition signed by 80 people representing civil rights organisations, law firms and academic institutions calls on the European parliament to cover the gaps regarding citizens' rights in the Brexit agreement.
14th July 2018
- When friends tell me: "You’re not English, just accept it”
I was born in London's St Thomas’ Hospital, right across the river from the Houses of Parliament. My friends were English, and so was I, but not to them.
6th July 2018
- Brits across Europe tell their stories in a book
One year ago over 100 stories of EU nationals in the UK were collected in the book “In Limbo”. Now a sister publication has been released, this time with stories of Brits living in the rest of the EU, “In Limbo Too”.
4th July 2018
- French photographer vows to record Brexit history in video
What will we think of Brexit in 30 or 40 years? Impossible to know, but as a start we should make sure we remember. Such is the ambition of French photographer Lionel Derimais.
2nd July 2018
- How language discrimination fuels the hostile environment
How linguistic xenophobia, discriminating against people based on the way they speak or the language they use, contributes to the 'hostile environment' created by the Home Office.
28th June 2018
- Home Office unveils details about settled status scheme for EU nationals
The UK Home Office published details on how it plans to register EU nationals living in the country, so their right to stay will be formally recognized after Brexit. It is the first time details are set out in a ministerial document providing some certainty, more than 700 days after the UK voted to leave the EU.
21st June 2018
- Dutch court deals blow to British hoping to maintain EU citizenship
British residents in EU countries were counting on a ruling of the European Court of Justice to maintain the right to move freely in the EU after Brexit. But today an Amsterdam court dashed their hopes.
19th June 2018
- German industry associations warn about UK post-Brexit immigration rules
Associations representing German industries and employers called on the UK to adopt fair immigration rules that at the very least match the EU system for third country nationals, as free movement ends post-Brexit.
14th June 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter