- New EU watchdog to oversee rights of workers moving in Europe
The new European Labour Authority will support individuals, businesses and national authorities dealing with cross-border activities.
20th October 2019
- Could British citizens benefit from a new EU long-term residence directive?
The new EU Commission will review the directive on the status of third-country nationals, which will apply to UK citizens in the EU after Brexit.
13th October 2019
- From application to registration: pressure grows on UK residence scheme following EU nationals deportation threat
Pressure is mounting on the UK government to make the EU settlement scheme a registration rather than an application process.
13th October 2019
- UK Electoral Commission confirms “unacceptable” voting difficulties in EU elections
Large numbers of EU nationals in the UK and British abroad have been denied the right to vote in the EU elections, the Electoral Commission has confirmed.
12th October 2019
- EU campaigners lose challenge over immigration exemption in UK data protection law
6th October 2019
- “I lived through ‘interesting times’, now I want stability” – two stories about moving across borders
Following our survey, we have asked two people who have experienced moving across multiple borders to share their stories, hopes and doubts about Brexit.
29th September 2019
- Brexit anxiety: lack of information, protection and political representation revealed in Europe Street News survey
The vast majority of the people who moved between the UK and the EU feel more anxious since the Brexit vote, reveals a Europe Street News survey.
24th September 2019
- What to check when shopping online after Brexit
Customs duties and other taxes may be applicable if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, and consumer protections may not be automatically guaranteed.
12th September 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter