- Jersey extends ID-only requirement for French nationals
The administration of Jersey allows entry to French citizens with an ID rather than a passport for day-return trips.
11th October 2023
- EU parliament calls for common airline carry-on luggage standards
The European Parliament voted a resolution saying that there should be uniform standards for airlines carry-on luggage.
8th October 2023
- EU Commission proposes introduction of EU-wide disability card
Priority entry, mobility aid or assistance at cultural and sport venues are not granted for people with disabilities moving in the EU.
10th September 2023
- UK automatic extension of EU citizens' pre-settled status: what we know so far
EU and other eligible citizens with temporary residence in the UK post-Brexit will have their pre-settled status automatically extended, the UK government has announced.
7th August 2023
- Post-Brexit rights: the difference between settled and pre-settled status explained
EU nationals in the UK post-Brexit: lawyer explains the difference between settled and pre-settled status.
2nd August 2023
- How much do UK mobile operators charge for roaming in the EU?
After Brexit several phone operators have brought back roaming fees for calls, text messages and data usage when travelling in Europe.
1st August 2023
- UK government moves to restrict EU citizens' electoral rights
The change will not affect certain nationalities and EU citizens who made the UK their home before 31 December 2020.
9th June 2023
- European Parliament elections set for 6-9 June 2024
The next European Parliament elections will be between 6 and 9 June 2024. EU citizens abroad, including in the UK, have voting rights too.
21st May 2023