- Human chain in Westminster to end uncertainty over post-Brexit rights
Campaigners for the rights of EU nationals living in the UK and British residents in the EU will form a human chain in London on Monday 5 November.
4th November 2018
- Norway, UK seek to mirror EU deal to protect citizens post-Brexit
Norway and the UK are close to reaching a deal to protect the status of Norwegians in Britain and Britons in the Nordic country post-Brexit.
4th November 2018
- Opinion - 25 years from the Maastricht Treaty, let’s open the discussion on EU citizenship
The Maastricht Treaty was enforced 25 years ago, on 1 November 1993. It invented this first modern transnational citizenship, the EU citizenship. What should happen in the next 25 years?
3rd November 2018
- Brexit agreement on citizens’ rights has “shortcomings”: EU parliament report
A European parliament report says that the draft Brexit agreement is a good basis but contains “serious shortcomings” on citizens’ rights.
28th October 2018
- Charity launches legal dispute over EU citizens’ ‘settled status’
A migrant rights charity launches legal proceedings on the “settled status” scheme for EU nationals in the UK after Brexit.
27th October 2018
- Britons seeking Italian citizenship embroiled in new immigration law
British nationals seeking to obtain Italian citizenship could face longer waiting times due to a new immigration law currently discussed in parliament.
21st October 2018
- IN PICTURES: People march in London to demand Brexit vote
Almost 700,000 people marched in London on Saturday 20 October to call for a vote on the Brexit deal.
20th October 2018
- Settled status trial for EU staff in universities and the NHS to open in November
EU staff in the higher education and healthcare sectors will be able to apply for "settled status" taking part in the testing of the online application system from November.
15th October 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter