- Secure citizens’ status regardless of Brexit outcome, say campaigners
Campaigning groups wrote to Brexit negotiators asking to secure citizens' status regardless of the oucomes of Brexit talks.
5th September 2018
- Brits in Spain, Italy and France launch Brexit legal challenge
A group of British citizens living in EU countries has launched a court challenge against Brexit. Interview with lead claimant Sue Wilson.
27th August 2018
- Germany plans British exception to citizenship rules during Brexit transition
Germany plans to allow British nationals who apply for German citizenship during the Brexit transition period to retain dual nationality.
4th August 2018
- Toolkits, events, funds: how to get support to inform EU nationals ahead of Brexit
May EU citizens are not aware of what they need to do to secure their rights in the UK after Brexit. So EU and UK authorities are supporting information initiatives.
2nd August 2018
- [Updated] Spouses, civil partners and durable partners: EU Court judgement on UK residence rights
The Advocate General of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has delivered his opinion on whether the cases of durable partners of returning British citizens should be dealt with under EU rules as opposed to national law.
31st July 2018
- EU Commission urges preparation for no-deal Brexit
As Brexit negotiations resumed, this week the European Commission urged businesses, citizens and administrations to prepare for all scenarios, including a no deal.
22nd July 2018
- UK to start trial of ‘settled status’ application process in August
The trial of the digital application process to grant EU nationals the right to stay in the UK post-Brexit will start on 28 August.
22nd July 2018
- British group launches initiative to make EU citizenship permanent
Fresh attempt by British nationals to remain EU citizens after the UK leaves the European Union: a petition will start on 23 July.
19th July 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter