- Campaigners call for voting rights for all UK residents and British abroad
All people who live in the UK on a permanent basis, and all British abroad, should be given the right to vote in general elections, campaigners say.
12th May 2019
- UK confirms participation in EU elections amid chaos over EU nationals registration
The British government has confirmed that the UK will take part in the election of the European parliament, on May 23. The announcement was made on May 7, just 16 days before the vote.
10th May 2019
- Brexit Secretary holds first meeting with groups seeking guarantees on citizens' rights
For the first time since the UK voted to leave the EU, a Brexit Secretary has met with representatives of the3million and British in Europe.
5th May 2019
- From “no idea” of residency requirements to anxiety and stress: British in France cope with Brexit deadlines
The past three years have been a rollercoaster for the volunteers of Remain in France Together (RIFT), a group of British residents in France.
4th May 2019
- Road transport rules putting the brakes on East European mobility deepen east-west divide
New rules on road transport are perceived by many in Easternn Europe as another attempt to prevent citizens of new EU members states from reaping the benefits of the single market.
3rd May 2019
- Italian parliament passes Brexit law on British residents, Italians in the UK
British in Italy call on Italian MPs to amend the Brexit bill proposed by the government to ensure that a maximum of their rights are protected.
18th April 2019
- Voting for a British MEP? EU nationals in the UK polled about EU elections
Many EU nationals in the UK did not vote in the European elections of 2014 because they did not know where or how to do so or they did not feel informed.
14th April 2019
- Settled status: how it works and where to find help
Although Brexit has been delayed, the UK government launched the settled status scheme for EU nationals on 30 March 2019. Here is where to find help.
13th April 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter