- EU free mobile roaming to continue until 2032 with more gigabytes
It's been decided: free mobile roaming in the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstain will continue at least until 2032.
4th April 2022
- New EU-wide personal pension scheme launched (but EU citizens in UK are excluded)
The EU has removed another barrier to free movement of people with the launch of a personal pension product that 'travels' across borders.
30th March 2022
- EU parliament calls for ‘golden passport’ ban and ‘golden visa’ regulation
The European Parliament has called for the phasing out of 'citizenship by investment' programmes and regulation on 'residence by investment' schemes in the EU.
13th March 2022
- UK urged to ease entry of Ukrainians as EU ministers discuss refugee plan
Calls are mounting on the UK to provide an easy entry route for people fleeing Ukraine following Russia’s military invasion this week.
27th February 2022
- EU Advocate General says UK nationals cannot keep EU citizenship benefits
Advocate General says the loss of EU citizenship rights for UK citizens is a consequence of the “sovereign decision" to leave the EU.
24th February 2022
- British in Europe closing down after 5 years: interview with co-chair Jane Golding
As the British in Europe coalition closes its activities, co-chair Jane Golding reflects about the past 5 years, Brexit and EU citizenship.
20th February 2022
- EU-UK committee hears several thousands still to secure post-Brexit residence rights
The specialised committee on citizens’ rights set up under the withdrawal agreement takes stock of the situation in EU countries and the UK.
27th January 2022
- EU top court clarifies rule of absences for long-term residence
The EU top court has clarified how long non-EU citizens have to be present in the EU to maintain long-term resident status, a rule that extends to the Brexit agreement.
23rd January 2022