- EU citizens and residents to be exempted from UK travel ban
The EU Commission asks to exempt EU citizens, residents and people travelling for essential reasons from the travel ban imposed on the UK.
24th December 2020
- EU to simplify taxation for people moving across borders
The European Commission will launch next year an initiative to simplify tax obligations for EU citizens who move or have activities across borders.
20th December 2020
- EU clarifies rules for travelling with pets from the UK
After years of uncertainty, UK pet owners finally know what they have to do if they travel to the EU with their best friends.
16th December 2020
- Applying for UK settled status if you have a criminal record
Independent charity Unlock gives an overview of the process of applying for settled or pre-settled status for people with a criminal record.
13th December 2020
- Independent Monitoring Authority on citizens’ rights: MPs endorse chair appointment
MPs approved the appointment of former Tory MEP Sir Ashley Fox as chair of the new body to oversee the rights of EU citizens in Britain.
6th December 2020
- All the legal cases aiming to restore EU citizenship for Brits
Another legal case, in France, aims to restore EU citizenship for British nationals. A recap of ongoing litigation.
3rd December 2020
- Rules for Brits travelling to the Schengen Area from January 2021
The European Commission has detailed the rules Britons will face when travelling to the Schengen area from 1 January 2021.
16th November 2020
- [Updated] UK to issue new health insurance cards for travelling in Europe
The UK will issue a new version of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to individuals entitled to it under the withdrawal agreement.
15th November 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter