- 40,000 GBP raised in one day to sue UK government in first large scale legal case about EU elections
27th May 2019
- EU elections: calls to investigate ‘vote denied’ to EU nationals in UK and Brits abroad
Calls are mounting to investigate what went wrong in the European Parliament election in the UK as many complained they were not allowed to vote.
24th May 2019
- "To truly debate Europe’s value, focus on what it has done, does and should do for people"
Ahead of EU elections, Monique Goyens of BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, discusses the merits of the EU for consumers, the building blocks of the single market.
21st May 2019
- Campaigners call for voting rights for all UK residents and British abroad
All people who live in the UK on a permanent basis, and all British abroad, should be given the right to vote in general elections, campaigners say.
12th May 2019
- UK confirms participation in EU elections amid chaos over EU nationals registration
The British government has confirmed that the UK will take part in the election of the European parliament, on May 23. The announcement was made on May 7, just 16 days before the vote.
10th May 2019
- Brexit Secretary holds first meeting with groups seeking guarantees on citizens' rights
For the first time since the UK voted to leave the EU, a Brexit Secretary has met with representatives of the3million and British in Europe.
5th May 2019
- From “no idea” of residency requirements to anxiety and stress: British in France cope with Brexit deadlines
The past three years have been a rollercoaster for the volunteers of Remain in France Together (RIFT), a group of British residents in France.
4th May 2019
- Road transport rules putting the brakes on East European mobility deepen east-west divide
New rules on road transport are perceived by many in Easternn Europe as another attempt to prevent citizens of new EU members states from reaping the benefits of the single market.
3rd May 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter