- Majority in EU support full voting rights for other EU citizens
More than six in ten participants in a recent EU survey agree that EU nationals living in another EU member state should vote in national elections.
14th July 2020
- Dutch Senate paves the way for dual citizenship for Dutch in the UK
The Dutch parliament has paved the way for Dutch nationals in the UK to be allowed dual citizenship should their rights “deteriorate” post-Brexit.
5th July 2020
- UK ditches healthcare coverage for pensioners moving to EU after Brexit transition
Under a proposal by the British government, from January 2021 the UK will no longer reimburse healthcare for pensioners who move to EU countries.
27th June 2020
- EU Parliament calls for 'attention' for children in post-Brexit divorces
From January 2021, UK-EU families involved in separations will have to deal with more complex and costly legal procedures.
21st June 2020
- [Guest post] Discovering Europe by bike on the EuroVelo routes
Did you know that there is a network of 16 long distance cycle routes that cross and connect the whole European continent?
14th June 2020
- From employment tribunal to food banks: workers' rights forgotten during the pandemic
The pandemic is exposing the failures of a system meant to protect the many precarious workers who labour tirelessly in the hope of building a better life.
11th June 2020
- Most EU countries to open internal borders by 15 June
After three months of lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic, most European countries are preparing to re-open their borders with other EU states.
8th June 2020
- Poland and UK sign voting rights agreement
Poland has become the fourth EU state to sign an agreement with the UK to continue granting citizens of the other country voting rights in local elections.
2nd June 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter