- UK and EU urge holidaymakers to prepare for “inevitable changes” from 2021
Holidaymaking between the UK and EU countries will require more preparation from next year.
10th August 2020
- UK ditches healthcare coverage for pensioners moving to EU after Brexit transition
Under a proposal by the British government, from January 2021 the UK will no longer reimburse healthcare for pensioners who move to EU countries.
27th June 2020
- EU Parliament calls for 'attention' for children in post-Brexit divorces
From January 2021, UK-EU families involved in separations will have to deal with more complex and costly legal procedures.
21st June 2020
- Discovering Europe by bike on the EuroVelo routes
Did you know that there is a network of 16 long distance cycle routes that cross and connect the whole European continent?
14th June 2020
- Most EU countries to open internal borders by 15 June
After three months of lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic, most European countries are preparing to re-open their borders with other EU states.
8th June 2020
- Stranded abroad: how EU repatriations work and why some EU citizens struggled to return to the UK
Coronavirus travel restrictions have left some 600,000 EU citizens stranded overseas, according to data published by the European Commission.
6th May 2020
- How to make home schooling with bilingual children more effective
Home schooling is not easy at the best of times, let alone in the midst of a pandemic. And when multiple languages are involved, the task gets even harder.
10th April 2020
- Do you speak English? The link between language and identity
Why are some people feeling offended by the sound of other languages? Soile Pietikäinen interviews Dr Philip Seargeant from the Open University.
24th February 2020
- Who is entitled to a UK's European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) after Brexit
The UK has left the EU, but will continue to issue European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) under the provisions of the withdrawal agreement.
2nd February 2020
- “I lived through ‘interesting times’, now I want stability” – two stories about moving across borders
Following our survey, we have asked two people who have experienced moving across multiple borders to share their stories, hopes and doubts about Brexit.
29th September 2019
- Brexit anxiety: lack of information, protection and political representation revealed in Europe Street News survey
The vast majority of the people who moved between the UK and the EU feel more anxious since the Brexit vote, reveals a Europe Street News survey.
24th September 2019
- How to beat the Brexit uncertainty and preserve wellbeing
Three years after the UK voted to leave the European Union the uncertainty around Brexit is taking a toll on people’s wellbeing. Advice from a therapist.
24th June 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter