- UK Home Office could show more love to EEA nationals – report
Six hundred days after a referendum decided the UK exit from the European Union, a parliamentary report criticizes the continued uncertainty over the status of EU and EEA nationals living in Britain.
14th February 2018
- EU parliament hearing: five things to watch on Brexit rights
A hearing at the European parliament on February 1st highlighted problems and concerns about the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British in the rest of Europe.
7th February 2018
- Citizens' rights groups call for further guarantees in phase II of Brexit talks
Representatives of citizens' rights groups called on the President of the European Council to ensure further guarantees are provided in phase two of Brexit talks.
27th January 2018
- 5 things to know about the Brexit agreement
The EU and the UK reached and agreement in principle on the terms of the UK exit from the European Union. Is it a done deal and what happens next?
17th December 2017
- Ring-fence deal on citizens’ rights, say UK lawmakers
A Brexit deal on citizens' rights should be ‘ring-fenced’, said a UK parliamentary committee amid concerns that the issue is falling off the agenda.
2nd December 2017
- A violation of the right to private and family life?
The protracted uncertainty experienced by 4.5 million people directly impacted by Brexit could be a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights.
5th November 2017
- How can the European Union be more meaningful for its citizens?
Brexit and recent events in Catalonia have raised questions about the role of the European Union. What's in it for citizens? Maybe it's time for an EU Commissioner for Happiness.
31st October 2017
- Brexit: a proposal to break the deadlock on citizens' rights
A citizens' rights group proposed a system to secure the status of EU citizens in the UK hoping to break the deadlock in Brexit talks.
25th October 2017
- This is the letter Theresa May sent to EU nationals in the UK
Ahead of the European Council meeting in Brussels, the British Prime Minister wrote an open letter to EU nationals in the UK.
19th October 2017
- Growing concerns as Brexit talks stall
475 days after the EU referendum, still no solution for expatriates affected by Brexit and concerns are growing at the risk of no deal.
17th October 2017
- Finding a cure for young people's allergy to vote
Austria and the Czech Republic go to the polls this month with the spectre of a low turnout of young people. How to encourage them to vote?
8th October 2017
- "No sufficient progress" on people's rights
The European parliament will vote a resolution that recommends delaying talks on a future trade agreement with the UK, as there hasn't been "sufficient progress" on the terms of EU exit yet.
1st October 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter