- IN PICTURES: People march in London to demand Brexit vote
Almost 700,000 people marched in London on Saturday 20 October to call for a vote on the Brexit deal.
20th October 2018
- May vows to protect rights of EU nationals as no deal Brexit looms
Theresa May announced that the UK will unilaterally guarantee the right of EU nationals to stay after Brexit, if Brexit negotiations with the EU fail.
23rd September 2018
- Secure citizens’ status regardless of Brexit outcome, say campaigners
Campaigning groups wrote to Brexit negotiators asking to secure citizens' status regardless of the oucomes of Brexit talks.
5th September 2018
- Brits in Spain, Italy and France launch Brexit legal challenge
A group of British citizens living in EU countries has launched a court challenge against Brexit. Interview with lead claimant Sue Wilson.
27th August 2018
- EU Commission urges preparation for no-deal Brexit
As Brexit negotiations resumed, this week the European Commission urged businesses, citizens and administrations to prepare for all scenarios, including a no deal.
22nd July 2018
- EU parliament petitioned on 'unfinished' citizens’ rights deal
A petition signed by 80 people representing civil rights organisations, law firms and academic institutions calls on the European parliament to cover the gaps regarding citizens' rights in the Brexit agreement.
14th July 2018
- Europe Day in Germany and the UK: women call for action
This year, for the first time, celebrations for Europe's Day took on a different theme. A group of women gathered in Berlin and another event is planned in London to call for more gender equality in Europe.
11th May 2018
- Brexit negotiations on citizens’ rights are over (for now): here is the deal
The part of the Brexit agreement related to citizens' rights has been agreed and sources in Brussels confirmed this is final. What does it say?
24th March 2018
- Draft withdrawal treaty, transition, May speech: how the UK is conceding on citizens’ rights
The draft withdrawal agreement, new guidelines for the Brexit transition period from the UK Home Office and Theresa May speech this week signal new openings on the rights of EU nationals in the UK.
4th March 2018
- UK Home Office could show more love to EEA nationals – report
Six hundred days after a referendum decided the UK exit from the European Union, a parliamentary report criticizes the continued uncertainty over the status of EU and EEA nationals living in Britain.
14th February 2018
- EU parliament hearing: five things to watch on Brexit rights
A hearing at the European parliament on February 1st highlighted problems and concerns about the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British in the rest of Europe.
7th February 2018
- Citizens' rights groups call for further guarantees in phase II of Brexit talks
Representatives of citizens' rights groups called on the President of the European Council to ensure further guarantees are provided in phase two of Brexit talks.
27th January 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter