- 90% of Brits in the Netherlands concerned about their future, government guarantees righs
9th January 2019
- Austria to allow dual citizenship for Austrians in Britain, in case of no deal Brexit
The Austrian government will create an exception to citizenship rules and allow Austrians in the UK to get dual nationality to alleviate the Brexit impacts.
8th January 2019
- UK, Switzerland agree post-Brexit residents’ rights regardless of EU deal
6th January 2019
- Controversy mounts over UK settled status: residence scheme to open to all EU nationals on January 21
29th December 2018
- Brexit: Germany to guarantee social security rights in no deal preparations
Anyone who has contributed to both the German and the British social security system should maintain the rights accrued, says the German government.
16th December 2018
- Spain prepares return strategy as “southern EU countries want their talent back”
15th December 2018
- UK no deal plan for expatriates leaves questions unanswered
11th December 2018
- British-Italian families take action as Italy tightens citizenship rules
The Italian parliament has given green light to new rules on immigration, including new requirements to obtain Italian citizenship.
2nd December 2018
- Netherlands to invite British residents to apply for post-Brexit status
The Dutch government plans to write to British nationals living in the Netherlands about their status in the country after Brexit.
25th November 2018
- The Brexit agreement that makes no one happy: what it means to you
A provisional agreement has been reached on the UK withdrawal from the European Union. Here are the details.
18th November 2018
- EU making plans for British residents if the Brexit deal falls through
The European Commission has urged EU countries to take action to protect the status of their British residents, should the Brexit deal fall through.
17th November 2018
- No visa but a lot of customs rules for British travellers to the EU post-Brexit
British citizens will not need a visa for short stays in the EU after Brexit, proposed the European Commission. But other rules may hit British travellers.
14th November 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter