- Why some UK banks are closing accounts of Brits in the EU
UK banks will have to comply with the rules on non-EU banks and they activities will be restricted by some EU countries.
4th October 2020
- From employment tribunal to food banks: workers' rights thwarted by pandemic
The pandemic is exposing the failures of a system meant to protect the many precarious workers who labour tirelessly in the hope of building a better life.
11th June 2020
- Air passenger rights: a battle between refunds and vouchers
Airlines are pressuring to soften EU consumer protections and often offer vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled flights.
11th April 2020
- Covid-19: UK groups, law firms concerned about lack of support to EU citizens most in need
Over 30 groups have written to the Home Office to raise concerns about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the operation of the EU settlement scheme.
29th March 2020
- EU parliament warns about data transfer risks due to UK immigration rules
The European parliament has asked the EU Commission to “carefully assess” British regulations before agreeing to the free flow of data with the EU.
16th February 2020
- How European pension coordination works and what changes for the UK
Adrian Berry, barrister at Garden Court Chambers in London, explains how the coordination of state pensions worek for people who move around EU countries.
10th January 2020
- EU, EEA, Swiss, Turkish business owners and self-employed: what changes with no-deal Brexit
Two regulations remove non-discrimination rights for certain persons who are self-employed, own or manage companies in the UK in no-deal Brexit.
17th November 2019
- New EU watchdog to oversee rights of workers moving in Europe
The new European Labour Authority will support individuals, businesses and national authorities dealing with cross-border activities.
20th October 2019
- What to check when shopping online after Brexit
Customs duties and other taxes may be applicable if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, and consumer protections may not be automatically guaranteed.
12th September 2019
- Insurance policies: a checklist for no-deal Brexit
A checklist from government and business sources for car, travel, healthcare and pension insurance to be ready in the event of no-deal Brexit.
11th July 2019
- "To truly debate Europe’s value, focus on what it has done, does and should do for people"
Ahead of EU elections, Monique Goyens of BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, discusses the merits of the EU for consumers, the building blocks of the single market.
21st May 2019
- Road transport rules putting the brakes on East European mobility deepen east-west divide
New rules on road transport are perceived by many in Easternn Europe as another attempt to prevent citizens of new EU members states from reaping the benefits of the single market.
3rd May 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter