- UK election and Brexit: what happens next
With a solid Tory majority, it is now almost certain that the UK will leave the bloc on 31 January 2020. What are the key steps before and after that date?
16th December 2019
- Sadness, relief, future planning: reactions to the UK election
A mix of sadness, relief and desire to move on: reactions to the UK election results among groups of EU nationals in the UK and British residents in the EU.
15th December 2019
- Brexit, citizens’ rights, immigration: a guide to the UK election
After more than three years of Brexit uncertainty, what to expect from this vote? This is what parties’ are promising on immigration and citizens' rights.
9th December 2019
- European student card, minimum wage, transnational lists: what to expect from the new European Commission
A new policy cycle has started for the European Union, as the new European Commission took office on December 1st. What's in store for the next five years?
6th December 2019
- What ending free movement of people between the UK and the EU on October 31 means in practice (and solutions)
The UK may leave the European Union without a deal on October 31 and end free movement of people from the EU. What does this mean for EU nationals already in the UK?
24th August 2019
- No-deal Brexit could lead to “enormous amount of litigation” from Brits in Europe: MP
An abrupt departure from the EU could result in an “enormous, unprecedented amount of litigation” against the UK government raised by Britons in the EU.
24th July 2019
- The UK's identity crisis: interview with A. C. Grayling
Ahead of the historical vote in the British parliament, philosopher Anthony C. Grayling discusses Brexit and the UK’s future with Europe Street News.
9th December 2018
- The Brexit agreement that makes no one happy: what it means to you
A provisional agreement has been reached on the UK withdrawal from the European Union. Here are the details.
18th November 2018
- Human chain in Westminster to end uncertainty over post-Brexit rights
Campaigners for the rights of EU nationals living in the UK and British residents in the EU will form a human chain in London on Monday 5 November.
4th November 2018
- Brexit agreement on citizens’ rights has “shortcomings”: EU parliament report
A European parliament report says that the draft Brexit agreement is a good basis but contains “serious shortcomings” on citizens’ rights.
28th October 2018
- IN PICTURES: People march in London to demand Brexit vote
Almost 700,000 people marched in London on Saturday 20 October to call for a vote on the Brexit deal.
20th October 2018
- May vows to protect rights of EU nationals as no deal Brexit looms
Theresa May announced that the UK will unilaterally guarantee the right of EU nationals to stay after Brexit, if Brexit negotiations with the EU fail.
23rd September 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter