- EU free mobile roaming to continue until 2032 with more gigabytes
It's been decided: free mobile roaming in the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstain will continue at least until 2032.
4th April 2022
- New EU-wide personal pension scheme launched (but EU citizens in UK are excluded)
The EU has removed another barrier to free movement of people with the launch of a personal pension product that 'travels' across borders.
30th March 2022
- UK urged to ease entry of Ukrainians as EU ministers discuss refugee plan
Calls are mounting on the UK to provide an easy entry route for people fleeing Ukraine following Russia’s military invasion this week.
27th February 2022
- Goodbye ID cards: mandatory passports to visit the UK a blow to EU students and tourists
From October 1 the UK will require citizens from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland to have a passport to enter the country.
17th September 2021
- How Covid-19 passes work for people travelling between the UK and the EU
The UK does not participate in the EU green pass. So how can people prove their Covid vaccination status when travelling between the UK and the EU?
14th August 2021
- EU plans 10-year extension of free roaming as charges return for the UK
The EU is discussing a 10-year extension of free mobile roaming for people travelling around the bloc, as fees return for the UK.
10th July 2021
- EU seeks to regulate artificial intelligence to protect fundamental rights
The EU Commission proposed a regulation to establish safeguards on the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and protect fundamental rights.
28th April 2021
- How the EU Covid-19 'pass' will work and who will benefit
The European Commission is working with EU member states to roll out Covid-19 certificates that would allow to travel in Europe this summer.
15th April 2021
- Learning a language with love
In love with a foreigner? Amazing! It’s true: love makes you invincible. Even when it's about learning your sweetheart's language.
14th February 2021
- Who can travel for business visa-free between the UK and the EU?
Moving for work between the UK and the European Union from January 1 2021 requires a visa. But is a visa needed for short-term business trips?
3rd February 2021
- How EU-UK online shopping changes post-Brexit
EU-UK online shopping has been hit by additional fees, and consumer protection is also affected by the new EU-UK deal.
17th January 2021
- EU to simplify taxation for people moving across borders
The European Commission will launch next year an initiative to simplify tax obligations for EU citizens who move or have activities across borders.
20th December 2020