- UK guarantees temporary rights of EU citizens who missed ‘settled status’ deadline
EU citizens in the UK who missed the deadline to apply to the EU settlement scheme won’t face an immediate loss of rights.
7th August 2021
- EU Court rules UK can deny benefits to EU citizens with pre-settled status
The EU Court of Justice has dealt a blow to EU citizens with pre-settled status in the UK as it ruled denying them universal credit is not discrimination.
17th July 2021
- France, Luxembourg, Netherlands give British citizens more time for residence permit
In these countries, plus Latvia and Malta, UK nationals had until June 30th 2021 to apply for the new residence status.
4th July 2021
- What happens to EU citizens in UK after the 'settled status' deadline
The deadline for EU citizens who were living in the UK before 31 December 2020 to apply for ‘settled status’ is June 30, 2021.
30th June 2021
- Campaigners say EU citizenship should include more rights
A group of members of the European Parliament agreed was created to further develop the concept of EU citizenship.
24th June 2021
- EU Commission takes Poland, Czechia to court for restricting electoral rights of EU residents
The EU Commission is taking Poland and the Czech Republic to court for not allowing other EU citizens to join political parties.
22nd June 2021
- EU citizens to maintain voting rights in UK, government says
EU citizens living in the UK before 31 December 2020 will maintain the right to vote and stand as candidates in local elections, the UK government said.
20th June 2021
- Brits overseas to be given ‘vote for life’ while voting in UK may become more difficult
Britons overseas will be given the right to vote in UK general elections regardless of the amount of time they have spent abroad.
30th May 2021
- UK court rules exemption of migrants from data protection unlawful
The UK data protection law will have to be ‘fixed’ so that foreigners can access their personal records held by the Home Office and others.
27th May 2021
- Finnish scientist vows to take UK government to court over voting rights
A Finnish scientist is crowdfunding to bring the UK government to court over the lack of voting rights in general elections.
9th May 2021
- Thousands of EU children in UK risk becoming illegal immigrants on July 1, even if born in the country
EU children may lose the right to live, study and work in the UK if they do not apply for their post-Brexit residence status by 30 June 2021.
2nd May 2021
- EU lawmakers concerned about EU citizens’ data transfer to UK
MEPs have expressed concerns at the way the UK government handles personal data of EU citizens as the EU Commission prepares to declare that British law guarantees “adequate” protection of personal information.
25th April 2021
Subscribe to the newsletter