- Who can travel for business visa-free between the UK and the EU?
Moving for work between the UK and the European Union from January 1 2021 requires a visa. But is a visa needed for short-term business trips?
3rd February 2021
- How EU-UK online shopping changes post-Brexit
EU-UK online shopping has been hit by additional fees, and consumer protection is also affected by the new EU-UK deal.
17th January 2021
- EU to simplify taxation for people moving across borders
The European Commission will launch next year an initiative to simplify tax obligations for EU citizens who move or have activities across borders.
20th December 2020
- Why some UK banks are closing accounts of Brits in the EU
UK banks will have to comply with the rules on non-EU banks and they activities will be restricted by some EU countries.
4th October 2020
- From employment tribunal to food banks: workers' rights thwarted by pandemic
The pandemic is exposing the failures of a system meant to protect the many precarious workers who labour tirelessly in the hope of building a better life.
11th June 2020
- Air passenger rights: a battle between refunds and vouchers
Airlines are pressuring to soften EU consumer protections and often offer vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled flights.
11th April 2020
- Covid-19: UK groups, law firms concerned about lack of support to EU citizens most in need
Over 30 groups have written to the Home Office to raise concerns about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the operation of the EU settlement scheme.
29th March 2020
- EU parliament warns about data transfer risks due to UK immigration rules
The European parliament has asked the EU Commission to “carefully assess” British regulations before agreeing to the free flow of data with the EU.
16th February 2020
- How European pension coordination works and what changes for the UK
Adrian Berry, barrister at Garden Court Chambers in London, explains how the coordination of state pensions worek for people who move around EU countries.
10th January 2020
- EU, EEA, Swiss, Turkish business owners and self-employed: what changes with no-deal Brexit
Two regulations remove non-discrimination rights for certain persons who are self-employed, own or manage companies in the UK in no-deal Brexit.
17th November 2019
- New EU watchdog to oversee rights of workers moving in Europe
The new European Labour Authority will support individuals, businesses and national authorities dealing with cross-border activities.
20th October 2019
- What to check when shopping online after Brexit
Customs duties and other taxes may be applicable if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, and consumer protections may not be automatically guaranteed.
12th September 2019