- How much do UK mobile operators charge for roaming in the EU?
After Brexit several phone operators have brought back roaming fees for calls, text messages and data usage when travelling in Europe.
1st August 2023
- Commission proposes EU-wide parental recognition to protect children of rainbow families
If you are a parent in one EU country, you should be recognised as a parent in all EU countries, the European Commission says.
11th December 2022
- EU-wide helpline for women victims of violence to be launched next year
From April 2023 there will be a common helpline number across the European Union for women victims of violence, 116 016.
25th November 2022
- EU citizens urged to report sickness insurance problems to seek compensation
Thousands of people may have lost residence rights and welfare benefits due to an obscure provision declared illegal by the EU Court.
9th October 2022
- EU free mobile roaming to continue until 2032 with more gigabytes
It's been decided: free mobile roaming in the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstain will continue at least until 2032.
4th April 2022
- New EU-wide personal pension scheme launched (but EU citizens in UK are excluded)
The EU has removed another barrier to free movement of people with the launch of a personal pension product that 'travels' across borders.
30th March 2022
- UK urged to ease entry of Ukrainians as EU ministers discuss refugee plan
Calls are mounting on the UK to provide an easy entry route for people fleeing Ukraine following Russia’s military invasion this week.
27th February 2022
- Goodbye ID cards: mandatory passports to visit the UK a blow to EU students and tourists
From October 1 the UK will require citizens from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland to have a passport to enter the country.
17th September 2021
- How Covid-19 passes work for people travelling between the UK and the EU
The UK does not participate in the EU green pass. So how can people prove their Covid vaccination status when travelling between the UK and the EU?
14th August 2021
- EU plans 10-year extension of free roaming as charges return for the UK
The EU is discussing a 10-year extension of free mobile roaming for people travelling around the bloc, as fees return for the UK.
10th July 2021
- EU seeks to regulate artificial intelligence to protect fundamental rights
The EU Commission proposed a regulation to establish safeguards on the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and protect fundamental rights.
28th April 2021
- How the EU Covid-19 'pass' will work and who will benefit
The European Commission is working with EU member states to roll out Covid-19 certificates that would allow to travel in Europe this summer.
15th April 2021