- How a new European club could open opportunities for EU-UK youth exchanges
The European Political Community can open opportunities for student exchanges after Britain left the EU and its popular Erasmus+ programme.
7th October 2022
- A message from a British-German citizen to the Conference on the Future of Europe
A message by Jane Golding, founder and co-chair of British in Europe for the launch of the Conference on the Future of Europe.
9th May 2021
- EU parliament greenlights post-Brexit trade deal calling on UK to not discriminate among EU citizens
The European Parliament has ratified the trade deal that will govern the EU-UK relationship following the country’s departure from the Union.
28th April 2021
- How to participate in the Conference on the future of Europe?
Assya Kavrakova, Executive Director of European Citizen Action Service, told Europe Street how the Conference on the Future of Europe works.
14th March 2021
- Independent Monitoring Authority on citizens’ rights: MPs endorse chair appointment
MPs approved the appointment of former Tory MEP Sir Ashley Fox as chair of the new body to oversee the rights of EU citizens in Britain.
6th December 2020
- Interview with MEP Terry Reintke: EU-UK friendship group and why Brits should participate in EU's future debate
On Tuesday 28 April, the EU-UK friendship group at the European Parliament will hold its first public meeting on the “impact of Brexit on citizens' rights”.
26th April 2020
- The United Kingdom has left the European Union
A couple of photos shared on social media announced the signature of the agreement on the UK withdrawal from the European Union.
1st February 2020
- Withdrawal agreement bill: Lords defeat government over EU citizens' rights
The House of Lords passed an amendment requiring the government to give EU nationals in the UK the automatic right to stay after Brexit.
21st January 2020
- UK and EU parliaments resume discussion on citizens’ rights post-Brexit
As the House of Commons passed the withdrawal agreement bill, citizens' rights took centre-stage again.
12th January 2020
- Not just Brexit: the 2020 European calendar
What sort of relationship will the UK establish with the rest of Europe? And how will EU countries cement their own? The 2020 calendar gives some hints.
3rd January 2020
- UK election and Brexit: what happens next
With a solid Tory majority, it is now almost certain that the UK will leave the bloc on 31 January 2020. What are the key steps before and after that date?
16th December 2019
- Sadness, relief, future planning: reactions to the UK election
A mix of sadness, relief and desire to move on: reactions to the UK election results among groups of EU nationals in the UK and British residents in the EU.
15th December 2019