- Voting for a British MEP? EU nationals in the UK polled about EU elections
Many EU nationals in the UK did not vote in the European elections of 2014 because they did not know where or how to do so or they did not feel informed.
14th April 2019
- Settled status: how it works and where to find help
Although Brexit has been delayed, the UK government launched the settled status scheme for EU nationals on 30 March 2019. Here is where to find help.
13th April 2019
- Dutch MPs vote to decouple citizens’ rights from Brexit agreement in no deal scenario
The Dutch parliament voted a motion calling on the government to rescue the citizens' rights section of the Brexit agreement in a no deal scenario.
6th April 2019
- EU elections: Greece to allow vote from UK
The Greek government amended electoral rules allowing Greeks in Britain to vote for the European parliament election from the London Embassy.
24th March 2019
- EU Court ruling on Dutch citizenship law raises new hopes for Brits in the EU
16th March 2019
- EU elections: vote at risk for hundreds of thousands EU nationals in UK
Unless the UK departure from the EU is delayed, national rules in some EU countries will exclude citizens in the UK from the vote.
2nd March 2019
- UK parliament calls for separate Brexit treaty on citizens' rights, EU Commission says no
The UK government should seek a separate Brexit agreement with the EU to protect the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British in the EU, MP said.
1st March 2019
- What Brexit means for future of the Common Travel Area between Ireland and the UK
27th February 2019
- Translation of documents no longer required in other EU countries
Under a new EU regulation documents issued in a country of the European Union must be accepted as authentic in other EU states.
24th February 2019
- Residence, citizenship, social benefits: what changes for British residents in the EU – part 2
A summary of the measures that have been announced so far by EU countries to protect the rights of British citizens living in the EU.
12th February 2019
- UK agrees with Switzerland, Norway, Iceland to protect citizens' rights regardless of Brexit deal
The UK has agreed with Switzerland, Norway and Iceland to protect the rights of citizens who have chosen to live in each other's country regadless of the Brexit outcomes.
10th February 2019
- Dutch friends meet on a Sunday… and apply for settled status
Whether applying for settled status now or waiting that the system officially opens on March 30 is a personal choice. Hedwig Hegtermans did it with friends.
8th February 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter