- Postpone ‘settled status’ deadline to 2021, says East Europeans group
The East European Research Centre (EERC) says that the 2020 deadline for settled status can hardly be met under current circumstances.
10th July 2019
- Portugal and Luxembourg sign agreement on voting rights with the UK
Portuguese and Luxembourgish citizens in the UK. and Britons in Portugal and Luxembourg, will continue to participate in local elections where they live after the UK leaves the EU.
18th June 2019
- Bittersweet citizenship: how European families in the UK cope with Brexit
Researchers interviewed 103 families in the UK in which at least one of the partners is a non-British EU national to understand how Brexit impacts them.
9th June 2019
- 40,000 GBP raised in one day to sue UK government in first large scale legal case about EU elections
27th May 2019
- EU elections: calls to investigate ‘vote denied’ to EU nationals in UK and Brits abroad
Calls are mounting to investigate what went wrong in the European Parliament election in the UK as many complained they were not allowed to vote.
24th May 2019
- Campaigners call for voting rights for all UK residents and British abroad
All people who live in the UK on a permanent basis, and all British abroad, should be given the right to vote in general elections, campaigners say.
12th May 2019
- UK confirms participation in EU elections amid chaos over EU nationals registration
The British government has confirmed that the UK will take part in the election of the European parliament, on May 23. The announcement was made on May 7, just 16 days before the vote.
10th May 2019
- Brexit Secretary holds first meeting with groups seeking guarantees on citizens' rights
For the first time since the UK voted to leave the EU, a Brexit Secretary has met with representatives of the3million and British in Europe.
5th May 2019
- From “no idea” of residency requirements to anxiety and stress: British in France cope with Brexit deadlines
The past three years have been a rollercoaster for the volunteers of Remain in France Together (RIFT), a group of British residents in France.
4th May 2019
- Italian parliament passes Brexit law on British residents, Italians in the UK
British in Italy call on Italian MPs to amend the Brexit bill proposed by the government to ensure that a maximum of their rights are protected.
18th April 2019
- Voting for a British MEP? EU nationals in the UK polled about EU elections
Many EU nationals in the UK did not vote in the European elections of 2014 because they did not know where or how to do so or they did not feel informed.
14th April 2019
- Settled status: how it works and where to find help
Although Brexit has been delayed, the UK government launched the settled status scheme for EU nationals on 30 March 2019. Here is where to find help.
13th April 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter