- How France and other EU countries deal with returning citizens
What is being done by the EU27 states to help and repatriate their citizens returning from the UK? France and other EU countries have started to take action.
2nd April 2018
- Gina Miller urges EU nationals to vote in UK local elections
British businesswoman and political activist Gina Miller called on European citizens living in the UK to cast their vote in May’s local elections.
23rd March 2018
- Paris, Amsterdam on the hunt for European voters
Paris is taking action to involve European residents in its civic life and encourage them to join the electoral register.
18th March 2018
- House of Commons voted to keep EU citizenship for Brits
The House of Commons passed a motion that says British nationals should be able to maintain EU citizenship even after the country leaves the European Union.
11th March 2018
- London mayor plans online portal for EU nationals
London mayor Sadiq Khan proposed to invest £90,000 on an online portal to help EU nationals who live in the British capital find the information they need to stay in the UK after Brexit.
1st March 2018
- ‘Here for Good’, new legal service for EU nationals in UK
There couldn’t be a clearer name for an organisation that wants to help EU nationals staying in the UK after Brexit. Here for Good aims to offer free legal assistance to those who need it the most in the context of Brexit.
18th February 2018
- Updated: Where to find free legal advice on residence and citizenship
The race to obtain the permanent residence card or the passport continues. Where to find free legal advice in case of difficulties?
18th February 2018
- Brexit transition, second battle for EU nationals in UK
The second phase of Brexit talks started with the rights of EU nationals in the UK in the spotlight again. The discussion is about rights of those arriving during the transition period.
11th February 2018
- EU Court of Justice to rule whether Brits can retain EU citizenship post Brexit
The Amsterdam District Court will ask the European Court of Justice to clarify whether British nationals living in other EU countries can retain EU citizenship after the UK leaves the European Union.
7th February 2018
- Feeling foreign with a British passport
Going through the citizenship process and feeling more and more “foreigner”. It’s the struggle with identity described by a German who has lived in the UK for 27 years and recently became a British citizen.
26th January 2018
- Brits defend their EU citizenship in Dutch court
The Amsterdam District Court heard the arguments of a group of British citizens seeking to maintain EU citizenship after the UK leaves the European Union.
17th January 2018
- Brits bound to lose their rights in Europe under new trade deal
Ending free movement means that 65 million Brits will lose their automatic right to live, study and work in the EU in the future.
21st December 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter