- EU campaigners lose challenge over immigration exemption in UK data protection law
6th October 2019
- Brexit anxiety: lack of information, protection and political representation revealed in Europe Street News survey
The vast majority of the people who moved between the UK and the EU feel more anxious since the Brexit vote, reveals a Europe Street News survey.
24th September 2019
- Brexit: call for EU parliament 'special committee' on citizens’ rights
A group of experts calls on the European parliament to establish a special committee to assess the Brexit impacts on EU citizenship.
9th September 2019
- Post-Brexit rights: the difference between settled and pre-settled status explained by a lawyer
EU nationals in the UK post-Brexit:a lawyer explains the difference between settled and pre-settled status and why it is important to get the right one.
1st September 2019
- What ending free movement of people between the UK and the EU on October 31 means in practice (and solutions)
The UK may leave the European Union without a deal on October 31 and end free movement of people from the EU. What does this mean for EU nationals already in the UK?
24th August 2019
- How residence and citizenship by investment programmes work
To attract foreign funds, several EU governments grant residence or citizenship to individuals making a significant investment in the country.
18th August 2019
- “Settled status” headache: updating details after passport renewals
People who have obtained “settled status” in the UK have to update the details every time they change the passport or identity card they used to apply.
22nd July 2019
- Postpone ‘settled status’ deadline to 2021, says East Europeans group
The East European Research Centre (EERC) says that the 2020 deadline for settled status can hardly be met under current circumstances.
10th July 2019
- Portugal and Luxembourg sign agreement on voting rights with the UK
Portuguese and Luxembourgish citizens in the UK. and Britons in Portugal and Luxembourg, will continue to participate in local elections where they live after the UK leaves the EU.
18th June 2019
- Bittersweet citizenship: how European families in the UK cope with Brexit
Researchers interviewed 103 families in the UK in which at least one of the partners is a non-British EU national to understand how Brexit impacts them.
9th June 2019
- 40,000 GBP raised in one day to sue UK government in first large scale legal case about EU elections
27th May 2019
- EU elections: calls to investigate ‘vote denied’ to EU nationals in UK and Brits abroad
Calls are mounting to investigate what went wrong in the European Parliament election in the UK as many complained they were not allowed to vote.
24th May 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter