- EU parliament warns about data transfer risks due to UK immigration rules
The European parliament has asked the EU Commission to “carefully assess” British regulations before agreeing to the free flow of data with the EU.
16th February 2020
- The United Kingdom has left the European Union
A couple of photos shared on social media announced the signature of the agreement on the UK withdrawal from the European Union.
1st February 2020
- Withdrawal agreement bill: Lords defeat government over EU citizens' rights
The House of Lords passed an amendment requiring the government to give EU nationals in the UK the automatic right to stay after Brexit.
21st January 2020
- UK and EU parliaments resume discussion on citizens’ rights post-Brexit
As the House of Commons passed the withdrawal agreement bill, citizens' rights took centre-stage again.
12th January 2020
- Not just Brexit: the 2020 European calendar
What sort of relationship will the UK establish with the rest of Europe? And how will EU countries cement their own? The 2020 calendar gives some hints.
3rd January 2020
- UK election and Brexit: what happens next
With a solid Tory majority, it is now almost certain that the UK will leave the bloc on 31 January 2020. What are the key steps before and after that date?
16th December 2019
- Sadness, relief, future planning: reactions to the UK election
A mix of sadness, relief and desire to move on: reactions to the UK election results among groups of EU nationals in the UK and British residents in the EU.
15th December 2019
- Brexit, citizens’ rights, immigration: a guide to the UK election
After more than three years of Brexit uncertainty, what to expect from this vote? This is what parties’ are promising on immigration and citizens' rights.
9th December 2019
- European student card, minimum wage, transnational lists: what to expect from the new European Commission
A new policy cycle has started for the European Union, as the new European Commission took office on December 1st. What's in store for the next five years?
6th December 2019
- What ending free movement of people between the UK and the EU on October 31 means in practice (and solutions)
The UK may leave the European Union without a deal on October 31 and end free movement of people from the EU. What does this mean for EU nationals already in the UK?
24th August 2019
- No-deal Brexit could lead to “enormous amount of litigation” from Brits in Europe: MP
An abrupt departure from the EU could result in an “enormous, unprecedented amount of litigation” against the UK government raised by Britons in the EU.
24th July 2019
- The UK's identity crisis: interview with A. C. Grayling
Ahead of the historical vote in the British parliament, philosopher Anthony C. Grayling discusses Brexit and the UK’s future with Europe Street News.
9th December 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter