- UK confirms participation in EU elections amid chaos over EU nationals registration
The British government has confirmed that the UK will take part in the election of the European parliament, on May 23. The announcement was made on May 7, just 16 days before the vote.
10th May 2019
- Brexit Secretary holds first meeting with groups seeking guarantees on citizens' rights
For the first time since the UK voted to leave the EU, a Brexit Secretary has met with representatives of the3million and British in Europe.
5th May 2019
- From “no idea” of residency requirements to anxiety and stress: British in France cope with Brexit deadlines
The past three years have been a rollercoaster for the volunteers of Remain in France Together (RIFT), a group of British residents in France.
4th May 2019
- Italian parliament passes Brexit law on British residents, Italians in the UK
British in Italy call on Italian MPs to amend the Brexit bill proposed by the government to ensure that a maximum of their rights are protected.
18th April 2019
- Voting for a British MEP? EU nationals in the UK polled about EU elections
Many EU nationals in the UK did not vote in the European elections of 2014 because they did not know where or how to do so or they did not feel informed.
14th April 2019
- Settled status: how it works and where to find help
Although Brexit has been delayed, the UK government launched the settled status scheme for EU nationals on 30 March 2019. Here is where to find help.
13th April 2019
- Dutch MPs vote to decouple citizens’ rights from Brexit agreement in no deal scenario
The Dutch parliament voted a motion calling on the government to rescue the citizens' rights section of the Brexit agreement in a no deal scenario.
6th April 2019
- EU elections: Greece to allow vote from UK
The Greek government amended electoral rules allowing Greeks in Britain to vote for the European parliament election from the London Embassy.
24th March 2019
- EU Court ruling on Dutch citizenship law raises new hopes for Brits in the EU
16th March 2019
- EU elections: vote at risk for hundreds of thousands EU nationals in UK
Unless the UK departure from the EU is delayed, national rules in some EU countries will exclude citizens in the UK from the vote.
2nd March 2019
- UK parliament calls for separate Brexit treaty on citizens' rights, EU Commission says no
The UK government should seek a separate Brexit agreement with the EU to protect the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British in the EU, MP said.
1st March 2019
- What Brexit means for future of the Common Travel Area between Ireland and the UK
27th February 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter