- Spain and France sign dual nationality agreement
An agreement signed this week will allow Spanish and French citizens to keep their nationality of origin when they acquire the other.
18th March 2021
- EU citizens in UK urged to register to vote in May local elections
Two campaigns have been launched to urge EU citizens in the UK to register and vote in May local elections.
7th March 2021
- Interactive map: how to secure residence rights under the EU-UK withdrawal agreement (in 32 countries)
All the details on the new residence schemes for EU citizens living in the UK and Britons living in the EU before December 31 2020.
21st February 2021
- What the independent authority on EU citizens’ rights can do for you: interview with CEO Kathryn Chamberlain
Dr Kathryn Chamberlain, interim CEO, gives an overview on the work of the Independent Monitoring Authority on citizens' rights.
11th January 2021
- EU-UK post-Brexit agreement: what it means for you
The UK and the EU have reached a deal setting the terms of their new relationship, after the country decided to leave the bloc.
25th December 2020
- EU citizens and residents to be exempted from UK travel ban
The EU Commission asks to exempt EU citizens, residents and people travelling for essential reasons from the travel ban imposed on the UK.
24th December 2020
- Applying for UK settled status if you have a criminal record
Independent charity Unlock gives an overview of the process of applying for settled or pre-settled status for people with a criminal record.
13th December 2020
- All the legal cases aiming to restore EU citizenship for Brits
Another legal case, in France, aims to restore EU citizenship for British nationals. A recap of ongoing litigation.
3rd December 2020
- Rules for Brits travelling to the Schengen Area from January 2021
The European Commission has detailed the rules Britons will face when travelling to the Schengen area from 1 January 2021.
16th November 2020
- The next step of EU integration? A digital identity for all
The European Commission prepares new rules to guarantee all EU citizens get an electronic identification (eID).
26th October 2020
- Dutch citizens abroad launch new appeal for dual nationality
Dutch citizens abroad have renewed their call for a revision of the nationality law with a full-page advert in a national newspaper.
19th October 2020
- Permanent residence? Settled status? Indefinite leave to remain? Who should apply for what to secure UK rights
Alison Hunter, Partner, Wesley Gryk Solicitors LLP, explains who should apply for what status to secure UK residence rights [sponsored].
18th October 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter