- EU Court ruling on Dutch citizenship law raises new hopes for Brits in the EU
16th March 2019
- EU elections: vote at risk for hundreds of thousands EU nationals in UK
Unless the UK departure from the EU is delayed, national rules in some EU countries will exclude citizens in the UK from the vote.
2nd March 2019
- UK parliament calls for separate Brexit treaty on citizens' rights, EU Commission says no
The UK government should seek a separate Brexit agreement with the EU to protect the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British in the EU, MP said.
1st March 2019
- What Brexit means for future of the Common Travel Area between Ireland and the UK
27th February 2019
- Translation of documents no longer required in other EU countries
Under a new EU regulation documents issued in a country of the European Union must be accepted as authentic in other EU states.
24th February 2019
- Residence, citizenship, social benefits: what changes for British residents in the EU – part 2
A summary of the measures that have been announced so far by EU countries to protect the rights of British citizens living in the EU.
12th February 2019
- UK agrees with Switzerland, Norway, Iceland to protect citizens' rights regardless of Brexit deal
The UK has agreed with Switzerland, Norway and Iceland to protect the rights of citizens who have chosen to live in each other's country regadless of the Brexit outcomes.
10th February 2019
- Dutch friends meet on a Sunday… and apply for settled status
Whether applying for settled status now or waiting that the system officially opens on March 30 is a personal choice. Hedwig Hegtermans did it with friends.
8th February 2019
- Britons’ EU citizenship case “inadmissible”, says Dutch judge
A Dutch judge decided that the case brought by a group of British residents on maintaining EU citizenship after Brexit was “inadmissible”.
5th February 2019
- How the public pilot of the settled status scheme works: a test by lawyers
As the Home Office launched the public pilot of its settled status scheme for EU nationals, a lawyer explains how it works, step by step.
31st January 2019
- ‘Settled status’ fee scrapped as residence scheme for EU nationals opens
EU nationals living in the UK will no longer have to pay for the right to stay in the country after Brexit.
21st January 2019
- Residence, social security, citizenship: how EU countries prepare for Brexit - part 1
EU states are stepping up preparations for the possibility of a no deal Brexit. A summary of the measures they are taking.
21st January 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter