- Spain and France ready to sign dual citizenship agreement
Spain and France are preparing to sign an agreement to mutually allow dual citizenship for their nationals, a "strong symbol of European integration."
7th December 2019
- Who do governments represent? The history of voting rights for Brits abroad
It was not until 1985 that the law relating to parliamentary elections in the UK extended the right to vote to UK nationals living overseas.
29th November 2019
- Meet the man living in France who is challenging Boris Johnson in his constituency
It is unusual to hear candidates standing for election asking people not to vote for them. But that’s what William Tobin says.
24th November 2019
- Interview with Dutch MP Sjoerdsma on Brexit dual citizenship exception and why Brits are excluded
Exclusive interview with MP behind the bill allowing Dutch nationals in the UK to apply for UK citizenship without having to renounce to the Dutch passport.
3rd November 2019
- The Brexit deal and your rights: 20 things you need to know
The United Kingdom and the European have reached a new Brexit agreement. What does it say about your rights? Here is a recap.
27th October 2019
- Could British citizens benefit from a new EU long-term residence directive?
The new EU Commission will review the directive on the status of third-country nationals, which will apply to UK citizens in the EU after Brexit.
13th October 2019
- From application to registration: pressure grows on UK residence scheme following EU nationals deportation threat
Pressure is mounting on the UK government to make the EU settlement scheme a registration rather than an application process.
13th October 2019
- UK Electoral Commission confirms “unacceptable” voting difficulties in EU elections
Large numbers of EU nationals in the UK and British abroad have been denied the right to vote in the EU elections, the Electoral Commission has confirmed.
12th October 2019
- EU campaigners lose challenge over immigration exemption in UK data protection law
6th October 2019
- Brexit anxiety: lack of information, protection and political representation revealed in Europe Street News survey
The vast majority of the people who moved between the UK and the EU feel more anxious since the Brexit vote, reveals a Europe Street News survey.
24th September 2019
- Brexit: call for EU parliament 'special committee' on citizens’ rights
A group of experts calls on the European parliament to establish a special committee to assess the Brexit impacts on EU citizenship.
9th September 2019
- Post-Brexit rights: the difference between settled and pre-settled status explained by a lawyer
EU nationals in the UK post-Brexit:a lawyer explains the difference between settled and pre-settled status and why it is important to get the right one.
1st September 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter