- French Senate confirms “favourable treatment” of Brits in France, if UK reciprocates
The French Senate agrees to guarantee a “favourable treatment” to Britons who reside in France compared to third country nationals, if the UK reciprocates.
11th November 2018
- Norway, UK seek to mirror EU deal to protect citizens post-Brexit
Norway and the UK are close to reaching a deal to protect the status of Norwegians in Britain and Britons in the Nordic country post-Brexit.
4th November 2018
- Opinion - 25 years from the Maastricht Treaty, let’s open the discussion on EU citizenship
The Maastricht Treaty was enforced 25 years ago, on 1 November 1993. It invented this first modern transnational citizenship, the EU citizenship. What should happen in the next 25 years?
3rd November 2018
- Charity launches legal dispute over EU citizens’ ‘settled status’
A migrant rights charity launches legal proceedings on the “settled status” scheme for EU nationals in the UK after Brexit.
27th October 2018
- Britons seeking Italian citizenship embroiled in new immigration law
British nationals seeking to obtain Italian citizenship could face longer waiting times due to a new immigration law currently discussed in parliament.
21st October 2018
- Settled status trial for EU staff in universities and the NHS to open in November
EU staff in the higher education and healthcare sectors will be able to apply for "settled status" taking part in the testing of the online application system from November.
15th October 2018
- Whither EU citizenship?
What is happening to the idea of a free movement area for Europeans? Interview with Assya Kavrakova, Executive Director of European Citizen Action Service (ECAS).
6th October 2018
- France plans to secure rights of British residents and French returning from UK
The French government is making plans to secure the rights of British citizens living in France and French citizens returning from the UK in the event of a no deal Brexit.
3rd October 2018
- Deal or no deal: the rights that will be lost with Brexit
An overview of the rights of EU citizens in the UK and British citizens in the EU under the draft Brexit “deal” and in the event of “no deal”.
23rd September 2018
- May vows to protect rights of EU nationals as no deal Brexit looms
Theresa May announced that the UK will unilaterally guarantee the right of EU nationals to stay after Brexit, if Brexit negotiations with the EU fail.
23rd September 2018
- Netherlands to loosen up dual citizenship rules
The Dutch government plans to relax citizenship rules extending the chances to obtain dual nationality.
15th September 2018
- German cabinet approves dual nationality exception for Brexit transition
The German cabinet approved a bill to allow Brits and Germans who naturalise in the other country during the Brexit transition to keep both passports.
5th September 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter