- New EU watchdog to oversee rights of workers moving in Europe
The new European Labour Authority will support individuals, businesses and national authorities dealing with cross-border activities.
20th October 2019
- What to check when shopping online after Brexit
Customs duties and other taxes may be applicable if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, and consumer protections may not be automatically guaranteed.
12th September 2019
- Insurance policies: a checklist for no-deal Brexit
A checklist from government and business sources for car, travel, healthcare and pension insurance to be ready in the event of no-deal Brexit.
11th July 2019
- "To truly debate Europe’s value, focus on what it has done, does and should do for people"
Ahead of EU elections, Monique Goyens of BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, discusses the merits of the EU for consumers, the building blocks of the single market.
21st May 2019
- Road transport rules putting the brakes on East European mobility deepen east-west divide
New rules on road transport are perceived by many in Easternn Europe as another attempt to prevent citizens of new EU members states from reaping the benefits of the single market.
3rd May 2019
- Spain launches €24 million plan for return of Spaniards abroad
The Spanish government approved a two-year plan, with a budget of 24 million euros, to encourage the return of Spaniards abroad.
24th March 2019
- Opinion - UK’s new post-Brexit immigration plan reproduces inequalities of precarious labour market
The publication of the British government’s white paper for a post-Brexit immigration system is long overdue. Much of what’s being proposed feels quite surreal.
22nd December 2018
- Hungary challenges EU rules against cheap labour
Hungary is asking the European Court of Justice to annul new EU rules on posted workers, which aim to avoid the dumping of cheap labour across EU countries.
13th October 2018
- German industry associations warn about UK post-Brexit immigration rules
Associations representing German industries and employers called on the UK to adopt fair immigration rules that at the very least match the EU system for third country nationals, as free movement ends post-Brexit.
14th June 2018
- How rules are changing for workers posted temporarily in EU countries
Workers posted temporarily to other EU countries will have to be remunerated based on the rules of the host state for the same type of work, under a law voted by the European parliament.
5th June 2018
- Roaming, insurance, travels: what Brexit means for consumers
Brexit will impact consumers, both in the UK and in the EU. These are some of the most affected sectors, with what is at stake.
26th May 2018
- Germany’s deep-rooted obsession with saving – a brief history
An exhibition in Berlin shows the historical roots of German morality when it comes to being financially prudent and the country’s attitude towards European policies and its partners.
26th May 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter