- All the legal cases aiming to restore EU citizenship for Brits
Another legal case, in France, aims to restore EU citizenship for British nationals. A recap of ongoing litigation.
3rd December 2020
- Rules for Brits travelling to the Schengen Area from January 2021
The European Commission has detailed the rules Britons will face when travelling to the Schengen area from 1 January 2021.
16th November 2020
- The next step of EU integration? A digital identity for all
The European Commission prepares new rules to guarantee all EU citizens get an electronic identification (eID).
26th October 2020
- Dutch citizens abroad launch new appeal for dual nationality
Dutch citizens abroad have renewed their call for a revision of the nationality law with a full-page advert in a national newspaper.
19th October 2020
- Permanent residence? Settled status? Indefinite leave to remain? Who should apply for what to secure UK rights
Alison Hunter, Partner, Wesley Gryk Solicitors LLP, explains who should apply for what status to secure UK residence rights [sponsored].
18th October 2020
- UK immigration: fight for family rights of Brits in EU, residence document for EU citizens in UK is lost
The House of Lords wants changes to the immigration bill on family rights of Britons in the EU and residence rights of EU citizens in the UK.
11th October 2020
- Austrians abroad seek to overturn dual citizenship ban
A group of Austrians abroad is seeking to convince the government in Vienna to change the nationality law and allow dual citizenship.
11th October 2020
- No more IDs, duty-free shopping and other rules for UK travel from 2021
EU citizens will need a passport to travel to the UK from October 1st 2021: new travel rules as free movement with the EU ends.
8th October 2020
- EU citizens not engaging enough in UK local politics, campaigners warn
Despite having kept the right to vote in local elections post-Brexit, many EU citizens are not participating in UK politics. A common problem in the EU.
4th October 2020
- Who will protect citizens’ rights if the UK government flouts Brexit commitments?
What are the safeguards against breaches of the withdrawal agreement on citizens' rights?
13th September 2020
- Still unsettled: five things that need fixing in UK’s EU settlement scheme
The EU Settlement Scheme was meant to give a sense of security to EU citizens in the UK. But many still feel unsettled.
10th September 2020
- Campaigners launch one million signatures initiative for voting rights of EU citizens
The European Citizens’ Initiative Voters Without Borders calls for full voting rights for EU citizens living in other EU countries.
6th September 2020
Subscribe to the newsletter