- No visa but a lot of customs rules for British travellers to the EU post-Brexit
14th November 2018
- London Mayor launches information hub amid EU Londoners concerns
The Mayor of London launched a new information hub to help EU Londoners secure their status in the UK after the country leaves the European Union.
13th November 2018
- EU nationals will be able to vote in May 2019 local UK elections
EU nationals living in the UK will be able to vote and stand as candidates in the local elections of May 2019, confirmed Cabinet Office minister Chloe Smith.
11th November 2018
- French Senate confirms “favourable treatment” of Brits in France, if UK reciprocates
The French Senate agrees to guarantee a “favourable treatment” to Britons who reside in France compared to third country nationals, if the UK reciprocates.
11th November 2018
- Norway, UK seek to mirror EU deal to protect citizens post-Brexit
Norway and the UK are close to reaching a deal to protect the status of Norwegians in Britain and Britons in the Nordic country post-Brexit.
4th November 2018
- Opinion - 25 years from the Maastricht Treaty, let’s open the discussion on EU citizenship
The Maastricht Treaty was enforced 25 years ago, on 1 November 1993. It invented this first modern transnational citizenship, the EU citizenship. What should happen in the next 25 years?
3rd November 2018
- Charity launches legal dispute over EU citizens’ ‘settled status’
A migrant rights charity launches legal proceedings on the “settled status” scheme for EU nationals in the UK after Brexit.
27th October 2018
- Britons seeking Italian citizenship embroiled in new immigration law
British nationals seeking to obtain Italian citizenship could face longer waiting times due to a new immigration law currently discussed in parliament.
21st October 2018
- Settled status trial for EU staff in universities and the NHS to open in November
EU staff in the higher education and healthcare sectors will be able to apply for "settled status" taking part in the testing of the online application system from November.
15th October 2018
- Whither EU citizenship?
What is happening to the idea of a free movement area for Europeans? Interview with Assya Kavrakova, Executive Director of European Citizen Action Service (ECAS).
6th October 2018
- France plans to secure rights of British residents and French returning from UK
The French government is making plans to secure the rights of British citizens living in France and French citizens returning from the UK in the event of a no deal Brexit.
3rd October 2018
- Deal or no deal: the rights that will be lost with Brexit
An overview of the rights of EU citizens in the UK and British citizens in the EU under the draft Brexit “deal” and in the event of “no deal”.
23rd September 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter