- German industry associations warn about UK post-Brexit immigration rules
Associations representing German industries and employers called on the UK to adopt fair immigration rules that at the very least match the EU system for third country nationals, as free movement ends post-Brexit.
14th June 2018
- How rules are changing for workers posted temporarily in EU countries
Workers posted temporarily to other EU countries will have to be remunerated based on the rules of the host state for the same type of work, under a law voted by the European parliament.
5th June 2018
- Roaming, insurance, travels: what Brexit means for consumers
Brexit will impact consumers, both in the UK and in the EU. These are some of the most affected sectors, with what is at stake.
26th May 2018
- Germany’s deep-rooted obsession with saving – a brief history
An exhibition in Berlin shows the historical roots of German morality when it comes to being financially prudent and the country’s attitude towards European policies and its partners.
26th May 2018
- Settled status, a difficult task for precarious workers
For EU nationals with precarious jobs in the UK, proving the right to live and work in the country after Brexit might be problematic, according to the Work Rights Centre.
25th April 2018
- EU to establish new agency on labour mobility
The European Commission has proposed the creation of a European Labour Authority to deal with workers' rights and freedom of movement in Europe.
14th March 2018
- Parcel delivery in EU about to get cheaper
Shopping online? The European parliament votes this week a regulation to reduce prices and give a boost to e-commerce in Europe.
10th March 2018
- Why are only 11% of business founders in Paris from outside France?
According to the “Global Start-up Ecosystem Report 2017” only 11% of start-ups in Paris have founders from outside the country.
22nd October 2017
- Will UK employers support their EU staff?
EU nationals in Britain would like to receive support and guarantees from their employers as they navigate Brexit uncertainty.
17th September 2017
- London wants more autonomy
Few cities in the world embrace openness and celebrate diversity like London. A rare blend of peoples and cultures, how can the British capital survive Brexit?
16th July 2017
- Europeans like the idea of working abroad: research
Europeans like the idea of moving across countries for work. Almost three quarters (74%) are “likely to consider working abroad,” according to a new research.
19th February 2017
- Can Sweden and Germany take over the UK for digital entrepreneurship?
27th November 2016
Subscribe to the newsletter