- 5 things to know about the Brexit agreement
The EU and the UK reached and agreement in principle on the terms of the UK exit from the European Union. Is it a done deal and what happens next?
17th December 2017
- This is what the Brexit deal says on citizens’ rights
After months of negotiations, the EU and the UK reached a deal on the terms of the UK exit from the European Union. This is what it means for citizen's rights.
9th December 2017
- Ring-fence deal on citizens’ rights, say UK lawmakers
A Brexit deal on citizens' rights should be ‘ring-fenced’, said a UK parliamentary committee amid concerns that the issue is falling off the agenda.
2nd December 2017
- Who came up with the idea of EU citizenship? Spain
It was Spain that proposed in 1990 to include EU citizenship in the negotiations on the Maastricht Treaty. Now what does the Catalonia crisis tell us about it?
1st December 2017
- How a Facebook group is “removing bargaining chips from the Brexit table”
With support through a Facebook group, over 1,000 EU nationals in UK obtained permanent residence and more than 300 became British citizens since the beginning of the year. Interview with the person who started the initiative.
22nd November 2017
- Complaint filed against Sweden for breach of EU free movement rules
A civil rights group filed a complaint to the European Commission against Sweden for breach of EU rules on free movement.
21st November 2017
- EU parliament unconvinced by UK Home Office administrative procedure for EU nationals
Five hundred days after the EU referendum, the UK Home Office published a technical note clarifying the administrative procedure it intends to apply to recognise the position of EU nationals currently living in Britain.
12th November 2017
- A violation of the right to private and family life?
The protracted uncertainty experienced by 4.5 million people directly impacted by Brexit could be a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights.
5th November 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter