- The Brexit deal and your rights: 20 things you need to know
The United Kingdom and the European have reached a new Brexit agreement. What does it say about your rights? Here is a recap.
27th October 2019
- Could British citizens benefit from a new EU long-term residence directive?
The new EU Commission will review the directive on the status of third-country nationals, which will apply to UK citizens in the EU after Brexit.
13th October 2019
- From application to registration: pressure grows on UK residence scheme following EU nationals deportation threat
Pressure is mounting on the UK government to make the EU settlement scheme a registration rather than an application process.
13th October 2019
- UK Electoral Commission confirms “unacceptable” voting difficulties in EU elections
Large numbers of EU nationals in the UK and British abroad have been denied the right to vote in the EU elections, the Electoral Commission has confirmed.
12th October 2019
- EU campaigners lose challenge over immigration exemption in UK data protection law
6th October 2019
- Brexit anxiety: lack of information, protection and political representation revealed in Europe Street News survey
The vast majority of the people who moved between the UK and the EU feel more anxious since the Brexit vote, reveals a Europe Street News survey.
24th September 2019
- Brexit: call for EU parliament 'special committee' on citizens’ rights
A group of experts calls on the European parliament to establish a special committee to assess the Brexit impacts on EU citizenship.
9th September 2019
- Post-Brexit rights: the difference between settled and pre-settled status explained by a lawyer
EU nationals in the UK post-Brexit:a lawyer explains the difference between settled and pre-settled status and why it is important to get the right one.
1st September 2019
- What ending free movement of people between the UK and the EU on October 31 means in practice (and solutions)
The UK may leave the European Union without a deal on October 31 and end free movement of people from the EU. What does this mean for EU nationals already in the UK?
24th August 2019
- How residence and citizenship by investment programmes work
To attract foreign funds, several EU governments grant residence or citizenship to individuals making a significant investment in the country.
18th August 2019
- “Settled status” headache: updating details after passport renewals
People who have obtained “settled status” in the UK have to update the details every time they change the passport or identity card they used to apply.
22nd July 2019
- Postpone ‘settled status’ deadline to 2021, says East Europeans group
The East European Research Centre (EERC) says that the 2020 deadline for settled status can hardly be met under current circumstances.
10th July 2019
Subscribe to the newsletter