- 500 characters to remain EU citizens
Some nine million people have taken part in European Citizens’ Initiatives (ECIs) since their inception in April 2012. These are formal mass petitions to the European Commission. UK nationals will no longer be able to participate after Brexit.
20th April 2018
- The EU citizens at risk of failing to secure ‘settled status’ after Brexit
The latest research from the Migration Observatory says that in practice it won’t be that easy to ensure that all EU citizens living in the UK will still have the right to do so with settled status after Brexit.
15th April 2018
- What we know (and what we don’t) about settled status of EU nationals in UK
After Brexit, EU nationals living in the UK will have to apply for ‘settled status’, a new system that replaces the permanent residence card. Here is what we know about it.
12th April 2018
- Analysis: Why Brexit creates a new category of European citizens in search of a status
How watertight is the guarantee that EU citizens in the UK and British citizens in the EU will have life-long protection in reality? There are many risks and issues at stake.
4th April 2018
- How France and other EU countries deal with returning citizens
What is being done by the EU27 states to help and repatriate their citizens returning from the UK? France and other EU countries have started to take action.
2nd April 2018
- Gina Miller urges EU nationals to vote in UK local elections
British businesswoman and political activist Gina Miller called on European citizens living in the UK to cast their vote in May’s local elections.
23rd March 2018
- Paris, Amsterdam on the hunt for European voters
Paris is taking action to involve European residents in its civic life and encourage them to join the electoral register.
18th March 2018
- House of Commons voted to keep EU citizenship for Brits
The House of Commons passed a motion that says British nationals should be able to maintain EU citizenship even after the country leaves the European Union.
11th March 2018
- London mayor plans online portal for EU nationals
London mayor Sadiq Khan proposed to invest £90,000 on an online portal to help EU nationals who live in the British capital find the information they need to stay in the UK after Brexit.
1st March 2018
- ‘Here for Good’, new legal service for EU nationals in UK
There couldn’t be a clearer name for an organisation that wants to help EU nationals staying in the UK after Brexit. Here for Good aims to offer free legal assistance to those who need it the most in the context of Brexit.
18th February 2018
- Updated: Where to find free legal advice on residence and citizenship
The race to obtain the permanent residence card or the passport continues. Where to find free legal advice in case of difficulties?
18th February 2018
- Brexit transition, second battle for EU nationals in UK
The second phase of Brexit talks started with the rights of EU nationals in the UK in the spotlight again. The discussion is about rights of those arriving during the transition period.
11th February 2018
Subscribe to the newsletter