- The 10 key points of EU's Brexit position
The European Union has set out its position for Brexit talks. Here are the 10 key points and how they are seen from the UK.
4th May 2017
- EU's Juncker: “We have prepared a Brexit agreement on citizens rights”
At the end of a special EU27 summit, the president of the European Commission said the text of a Brexit agreement guaranteeing rights of EU citizens in the UK and Britons living elsewhere in the EU is ready to be signed. But he doubted the UK would agree to it.
29th April 2017
- What the French election means for the UK
Centrist independent Macron and extreme-right populist Le Pen are the two run-off candidates in the French election. What difference the new French president will make in Brexit talks?
26th April 2017
- Brexit negotiations, EU getting tougher about citizens rights
Rights currently enjoyed by expatriates should not change after Brexit, argued the president of the European parliament during a visit to London this week.
21st April 2017
- Everyone agrees: citizens first in EU-UK negotiations
EU-UK negotiations will have an impact on the lives of some 4.5 million people. What will happen to their rights? Here is what official documents say.
5th April 2017
- Expat groups in Brussels to say #citizensfirst in Brexit negotiations
The day before the UK notifies the EU of its intention to leave, the EU Commission Chief Brexit negotiator met citizens rights groups.
28th March 2017
- The shape of Brexit is probably already written in a 60-year-old document
One question on everybody’s mind is what the future holds for the UK’s relationship with Europe. Ironically, the answer might be the same now as it was 60 years ago: an association agreement.
27th March 2017
- 60 years of EU-UK relation: "it’s complicated”
The relation of the UK with the European Union has never been easy - and will be probably continue to be so.
25th March 2017
- 10 women for Europe
Europe's recent history is populated by powerful women, who pursued ideals with passion bringing real change to the continent. Meet 10 women who changed Europe.
8th March 2017
- 'One day without us'
As the House of Lords prepares to vote the Brexit bill, the week begins with intense lobby on rights of EU nationals and the action 'One day without us'.
20th February 2017
- Green light to Brexit from the House of Commons, what next?
The House of Commons approved the bill allowing the Prime Minister to start the Brexit process. All amendments were defeated, including one on protecting the rights of EU citizens living in the UK. What happens next regarding the rights of expatriates?
12th February 2017
- EU parliamentarians write to British Prime Minister about EU nationals in the UK
A group of EU parliamentarians wrote a letter to the British Prime Minister asking that EU nationals living in the UK get the “decent and humane treatment they deserve.”
10th February 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter