- Finding a cure for young people's allergy to vote
Austria and the Czech Republic go to the polls this month with the spectre of a low turnout of young people. How to encourage them to vote?
8th October 2017
- "No sufficient progress" on people's rights
The European parliament will vote a resolution that recommends delaying talks on a future trade agreement with the UK, as there hasn't been "sufficient progress" on the terms of EU exit yet.
1st October 2017
- Citizens’ rights easiest part of Brexit, says Article 50 author
Former UK Lord Kerr diplomat says citizens' rights is where Brexit talks have advanced the most and remaining issues can be solved.
16th September 2017
- How language frames political debate
The word 'Brexit' doesn’t include anything to do with remaining or with Europe. So every time it is used, the idea of exiting is triggered and likely reinforced.
29th July 2017
- What happens if there is no Brexit deal
Brexit negotiators will be busy for the next 18 months, but the impending question is: what happens if there is no deal? A report speculates on the options.
21st July 2017
- Brexit: two years to divorce or to know each other?
Perhaps 45 years of EU-UK partnership have not been enough to understand each other, says Prof. Ongaro of Open University.
23rd June 2017
- Brexit negotiations begin: 3 key points (and related solutions)
These are three points of disagreement in the positions of the UK and the EU on citizens' rights after Brexit.
19th June 2017
- Brexit still means Brexit but UK needs to mend bridges with the rest of Europe
An election called to give a stronger mandate to the British Prime Minister to deal with Brexit ended with a hung parliament. What does it mean for the UK-EU relations?
11th June 2017
- Parties' promises: a comparison of election manifestos
Three weeks before the elections, the biggest parties in Britain have presented their manifestos. What do they say about Brexit?
21st May 2017
- English could be a more succesful Esperanto in a post-Brexit EU
Though Esperanto did not have the success that its creator hoped, it could be that English succeeds in uniting the remaining European nations in a “common brotherhood”.
10th May 2017
- The 10 key points of EU's Brexit position
The European Union has set out its position for Brexit talks. Here are the 10 key points and how they are seen from the UK.
4th May 2017
- EU's Juncker: “We have prepared a Brexit agreement on citizens rights”
At the end of a special EU27 summit, the president of the European Commission said the text of a Brexit agreement guaranteeing rights of EU citizens in the UK and Britons living elsewhere in the EU is ready to be signed. But he doubted the UK would agree to it.
29th April 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter