- How different Brexit approaches create friction on citizens' rights
The last round of Brexit talks ended with little progress and this is partly due to the different approaches taken by the UK and the EU. What does this mean for rights of expatriates?
7th September 2017
- Moving to France? Here is all you need to know
The French government has a website to help its citizens living abroad plan their return, from employment to taxation, health insurance and schools.
5th September 2017
- How to survive Home Office mistakes and illegal vacancy notices
The uncertainty for EU citizens in the UK is fuelling discrimination and mistakes made by the Home Office add to the pressure. How to cope with the situation?
30th August 2017
- How to consolidate EU rights in a context of change: new initiative in Brussels
A foundation in Brussels aims to deepen the discussion on EU citizens’ rights in light of the social and political change Europe has faced in the past years.
28th August 2017
- Recap on Brexit negotiations on citizens' rights
Citizens’ rights – the legal status of EU nationals living in the UK and of British in the EU after Brexit – are back on the Brexit negotiations table. How far are we from an agreement?
23rd August 2017
- City of Amsterdam studies options for British residents to stay
The City of Amsterdam wants to ensure its British residents will keep current rights after the UK leaves the European Union, so it studied how to do it.
30th July 2017
- Six things the UK study on EU migration already tells us
The study on EU migration prepared for the UK Home Office won't be ready until September 2018, but the letter commissioning it already says a lot.
29th July 2017
- What happens if there is no Brexit deal
Brexit negotiators will be busy for the next 18 months, but the impending question is: what happens if there is no deal? A report speculates on the options.
21st July 2017
- "You Don't Have Rights, You Use Them"
A lot changed for EU citizens in UK after the EU referendum: where there was confidence, now there was anxiety. But vulnerability became a catalyst for claiming rights.
19th July 2017
- UK permanent residence system not suitable for ‘real life’: survey
A survey of almost 2,800 EU nationals in the UK showed the difficulties of dealing with permanent residence certification: 80% experienced stress when applying.
17th July 2017
- Members of the European parliament issue warning to UK on citizens' rights
Members of the European parliament threatened to veto the Brexit deal if the British government does not improve its approach on the rights of 3 million EU nationals living in the country.
10th July 2017
- British citizens living in the EU face an uncertain future
Based on the British government offer to EU nationals in the UK and the principle of reciprocity, rights of Britons living in the EU will diminish after Brexit.
9th July 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter