- French survey to plan support for UK residents
The British branch of Français du Monde, an organisation for French residents abroad, is surveying French nationals in the UK on the impact of Brexit.
25th October 2017
- Brexit: a proposal to break the deadlock on citizens' rights
A citizens' rights group proposed a system to secure the status of EU citizens in the UK hoping to break the deadlock in Brexit talks.
25th October 2017
- British in Europe and the loss of EU citizenship
Jane Golding is a British lawyer who lives in Berlin. Her story is the perfect illustration of a European life. Then Brexit came and everything was put in question.
7th October 2017
- Where to find free legal advice on residence and citizenship
The race to obtain the permanent residence card or the passport continues. Where to find free legal advice in case of difficulties?
25th September 2017
- What Theresa May Florence speech means for people’ rights
People were waiting with trepidation but Theresa May's speech in Florence was not the expected turning point for expatriates on the two sides of the Channel.
23rd September 2017
- In pictures: campaigners rally in London
Members of the3million and British in Europe, two groups defending people’s rights in Brexit, descended on Westminster on 13 September to ask MPs to support their cause.
15th September 2017
- the3million: one year in action
At the time of the EU referendum, groups like the3million did not even exist. Now they prepare to descend on Westminster to defend their rights. Interview with co-chair Nicolas Hatton.
12th September 2017
- How different Brexit approaches create friction on citizens' rights
The last round of Brexit talks ended with little progress and this is partly due to the different approaches taken by the UK and the EU. What does this mean for rights of expatriates?
7th September 2017
- Moving to France? Here is all you need to know
The French government has a website to help its citizens living abroad plan their return, from employment to taxation, health insurance and schools.
5th September 2017
- How to survive Home Office mistakes and illegal vacancy notices
The uncertainty for EU citizens in the UK is fuelling discrimination and mistakes made by the Home Office add to the pressure. How to cope with the situation?
30th August 2017
- How to consolidate EU rights in a context of change: new initiative in Brussels
A foundation in Brussels aims to deepen the discussion on EU citizens’ rights in light of the social and political change Europe has faced in the past years.
28th August 2017
- Recap on Brexit negotiations on citizens' rights
Citizens’ rights – the legal status of EU nationals living in the UK and of British in the EU after Brexit – are back on the Brexit negotiations table. How far are we from an agreement?
23rd August 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter