- Germany and the UK: looking at immigration using happiness data
Two recent studies focusing on Germany use happiness data to understand the effects of immigration beyond economics.
1st May 2017
- Spanish researchers in the UK changing plans about their future
A survey revealed that the majority of Spanish researchers in the UK would not qualify for the permanent residence card or would not apply for it.
4th April 2017
- Survey: Brits want free movement of goods and services, not of people
A new survey shows the majority of British people want to keep free movement of goods and services with the rest of the EU, but end free movement of people.
22nd March 2017
- The Erasmus programme will survive Brexit, says woman who created it
The youth exchange programme Erasmus+ will continue running in the UK after the country leaves the EU, according to the woman who set up the initiative.
28th February 2017
- Not long ago, there was a British European identity, so what happened?
National identity is a double-edged sword. It can give a shared sense of belonging to something bigger. It can equally lead down a path of mistrust, exclusion and xenophobia. In times of change it can be hard to maintain the balance, and is no doubt something many Britons are struggling with post-EU referendum.
19th February 2017
- Brexit clouds gathering over British universities
European students are falling out of love with Britain and academics from the EU are also pondering about their future in the country. Are British universities facing an exodus of EU students and staff?
14th February 2017
- EU nationals in UK mostly confident to stay: survey
Nearly 65% of Europeans in the UK are confident that they will be able to stay in Britain after the country leaves the European Union, according to a poll.
28th January 2017
- Italian writer Roberto Saviano on 2016, year of walls and exclusion
Italian writer Roberto Saviano described 2016 as the “year of exclusion” marked by the building of new walls. Will 2017 be off to a better start?
8th January 2017
- Europe has never liked borders and it won't be confined by them now
2nd January 2017
- "The country I love despite not wanting to come," story of a Hungarian in the UK
16th December 2016
- "Nationalism won’t cure social inequalities," says German in UK
10th December 2016
- Spanish photographer puts real faces to the statistics
30th October 2016
Subscribe to the newsletter