- How a Facebook group is “removing bargaining chips from the Brexit table”
With support through a Facebook group, over 1,000 EU nationals in UK obtained permanent residence and more than 300 became British citizens since the beginning of the year. Interview with the person who started the initiative.
22nd November 2017
- Complaint filed against Sweden for breach of EU free movement rules
A civil rights group filed a complaint to the European Commission against Sweden for breach of EU rules on free movement.
21st November 2017
- EU parliament unconvinced by UK Home Office administrative procedure for EU nationals
Five hundred days after the EU referendum, the UK Home Office published a technical note clarifying the administrative procedure it intends to apply to recognise the position of EU nationals currently living in Britain.
12th November 2017
- French survey to plan support for UK residents
The British branch of Français du Monde, an organisation for French residents abroad, is surveying French nationals in the UK on the impact of Brexit.
25th October 2017
- Brexit: a proposal to break the deadlock on citizens' rights
A citizens' rights group proposed a system to secure the status of EU citizens in the UK hoping to break the deadlock in Brexit talks.
25th October 2017
- British in Europe and the loss of EU citizenship
Jane Golding is a British lawyer who lives in Berlin. Her story is the perfect illustration of a European life. Then Brexit came and everything was put in question.
7th October 2017
- Where to find free legal advice on residence and citizenship
The race to obtain the permanent residence card or the passport continues. Where to find free legal advice in case of difficulties?
25th September 2017
- What Theresa May Florence speech means for people’ rights
People were waiting with trepidation but Theresa May's speech in Florence was not the expected turning point for expatriates on the two sides of the Channel.
23rd September 2017
- In pictures: campaigners rally in London
Members of the3million and British in Europe, two groups defending people’s rights in Brexit, descended on Westminster on 13 September to ask MPs to support their cause.
15th September 2017
- the3million: one year in action
At the time of the EU referendum, groups like the3million did not even exist. Now they prepare to descend on Westminster to defend their rights. Interview with co-chair Nicolas Hatton.
12th September 2017
- How different Brexit approaches create friction on citizens' rights
The last round of Brexit talks ended with little progress and this is partly due to the different approaches taken by the UK and the EU. What does this mean for rights of expatriates?
7th September 2017
- Moving to France? Here is all you need to know
The French government has a website to help its citizens living abroad plan their return, from employment to taxation, health insurance and schools.
5th September 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter