- 10 books for summer
Summer holidays, finally the time to read the books piled up over months. Here are ten (and more) titles to immerse oneself in readings about Europe.
31st July 2017
- Population changes in EU, UK, Central and Eastern Europe
Europe’s population reached 512 million in 2016, an increase of 1.5 million compared to 2015. But the growth is not even across countries. Population decreased in Southern, Central and Eastern Europe.
14th July 2017
- People becoming more socially and politically active
A survey found that people most directly impacted by Brexit have become more socially and politically engaged after the EU referendum.
9th July 2017
- University fees, loans and visas: what worries EU students in UK
Which rules will apply to EU students beginning to study in the UK after Brexit? We looked at conditions for non-EU citizens for a possible scenario.
1st July 2017
- How European academics are feeling about life in Britain a year after Brexit vote
"In order to understand more about the impact of the Brexit vote, I spoke with three fellow academics who, like me, come from another EU country."
1st July 2017
- One year after the referendum, where is home?
Some 4.5 million people have been living in uncertainty since the EU referendum. Beyond the practicalities of the situation, there are deep consequences involving issues of belonging and identity. This is how a Polish and a Belgian feel about the events.
22nd June 2017
- Over 100 stories of EU citizens in limbo now in a book
It was only a matter of time before someone assembled in a book the stories of EU nationals living in limbo in UK. That book is now ready.
17th June 2017
- If politicians get fixated, we may lose the Erasmus programme: British student
Four British students at Cardiff University tell Europe Street what they think and hope about the future of the student exchange programme "Erasmus".
11th June 2017
- Manchester attack raises questions on security cooperation
The Manchester attack brought to the fore another sensitive topic of the Brexit negotiations: the future cooperation on justice and security.
27th May 2017
- What Europeans want from Brexit
It is often said that Brexit is the will of the British people. But the negotiations to disentangle the UK from the European Union involve 27 other countries. What is the will of their people?
15th May 2017
- Germany and the UK: looking at immigration using happiness data
Two recent studies focusing on Germany use happiness data to understand the effects of immigration beyond economics.
1st May 2017
- Spanish researchers in the UK changing plans about their future
A survey revealed that the majority of Spanish researchers in the UK would not qualify for the permanent residence card or would not apply for it.
4th April 2017
Subscribe to the newsletter